Last year I compiled my first (and so far only) mini-album. It held 12 photos from Sept. 2008. See it here. I've carried it around in my purse for the last year and I've enjoyed looking at it as I've come across it, usually while digging through my never ending purse for something! It's amazing to see how much Evan has grown over the last year. Stacy Julian, who instituted the challenge to make the original mini-album, has now challenged us to make a layout using those photos, along with journaling that reflects back over the last year and the images we captured. It was a motivation for me to find the time to do this. I had just started getting back into scrapbooking last year and haven't gotten many layouts done at all, as life has proven to be so busy over the past year. But I was able to take these photos and put together a layout that mirrors the colors of my original mini-album. This will be the first layout to go in the new scrapbook album my husband bought me for my birthday in June. I'm hoping it will spark my creativity and drive to do more.
1 week ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment