Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Okay, I may be a bit behind here, but we finally got all our Christmas decorations up both inside and out last weekend. Then this week rushed by with many evening activities, and me and Evan coming down with a cold! So, I'm just now getting a chance to blog...there goes my goal to post at least once a week!

We are enjoying the festive Christmas spirit that comes with a decorated house. Evan loves all the lights, and turning them all on with our handy dandy remote (thanks Dad!). He'd turn them on and off again and again if we'd let him! When he sees the lights, on our house or even on the other houses in our neighborhood as we drive by, he says "oooo" and points. Too cute. Here's a look at our decorations...





We explained the whole stocking thing to Evan, and shortly after he decided to yank his stocking off the wall! But he was listening because it was HIS stocking. He also saw the stocking as a sock, which technically it is, and decided to put it on his foot. Brad and I were laughing so hard! Here are a few cute photos we captured.



This is a totally recreated moment (after the stocking incident).

I tried, unsuccessfully, several nights in a row to see if Evan would wear a Santa hat and sit by the tree, all decorated and lit up. As a typical toddler, he wouldn't sit still and preferred to wear the Santa hat over his head instead of on it. It made for some fun photos, but not one that worked for our Christmas card.

I have lots more to post but need to get to bed. I've got to shake this cold. I don't want to be sick through Christmas, and my week off from work! Woo Hoo! So excited for that. I finally ordered our Christmas photo card the other day and get to pick it up tomorrow. Hoping to get it in the mail to everyone before Wednesday. Nothing like getting your Christmas card out just a mere week before Christmas!

Print this post

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Believing in Blessings. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase